Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We would so be BFF

So this weekend I'm going to Tampa. To see Beth Moore. Beth and I are close. Well, not really but it feels like it. We would totally be friends if we knew each other in real life. After all we are of a similar age and we are both moms with two daughters.

My own mom is going with me. I bought the tickets and booked the weekend this past Christmas as a gift for my mom. It might have also been a little bit of a present for myself too. We've both done lots of Beth Moore Bible Studies but neither of us have seen her in person so we're excited.

The conference begins on Friday night and runs thru half a day Saturday so we'll have some free time too. We are hoping to meet up with a friend of mine from the UK who now lives in the Tampa area. I've talked about the ex pat community on my blog before and have said it feels a little bit like college. You more or less live out of each others pockets and this was definitely true in our case. V and I were on the school PTA board together...we were on the Women's Club board together...we were in a bible study together every Monday morning at my house and then at Moms in Touch every Friday morning at her house. Needless to say, in the course of the 5 years in England where our lives overlapped we got to know each other very well. She moved back to the states in 2008 and we haven't seen each other since so I'm really really hoping it works out for us to get together this weekend.

There's more...the former Youth pastor of our church in Maryland is now the pastor of a church in the Tampa area and my mom and I are hoping to visit there Sunday before we fly back home. I haven't seen him since we moved to the UK but he hugely impacted my girls in their early teenage years and I'd love to say hello and thank you in person.

And just in case you are wondering....hubs will be at home cleaning, sanding, and staining all the outdoor Teak furniture this weekend. Can I just tell you how happy I am to have an excuse not to help... such a tedious job but right up his alley.

18 comments:

  1. I dreamed about Beth Moore last night. She was telling me it was okay to go to my gynecologist's appointment today.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all your plans for visiting friends works out for you better than you expect. You will love the Beth Moore teaching. One of my dear friends and I saw her this past November. She'll be close enough for me to go to again this June. So excited. Have a fabulous time. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I hear snippets of Beth Moore on my way to work each morning...she's one smart lady! Have a great time with your mom and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, 96 Followers!!!

    Secondly, going to Beth Moore is so fun. She is just so...genuine. I went to a conference in Nashville 9 years ago and she'll be at our church here in ATL later this month and I, too, will be going with my mom.

    I'd love to have an excuse to go to Tampa though! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just a little jealous. She is "always" awesome! Hope you guys have a great time.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are going to have the best time!
    I am so happy you are getting to travel to Tampa together.
    I wish I was going too. You know how much I love Beth.
    You'll love every minute of the conference. Travis and the worship team do an awesome job. It gives me chills thinking about it.
    Think of me when you sing "In Christ Alone." That's my favorite. :)
    Look for Beth on the front row on the floor. I love to watch her during praise and worship. She is such a genuine person who loves the Lord with all her heart.
    If I don't talk to you before you leave, have a wonderful time!
    Love,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl... You will have such a wonderful time. Wish I could go along. Sounds like so much fun. Such a great gift for your mom. Hope all your plans work out so you can see your friends. Have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it. This is good your hubby has a project to work on. Keep him out of trouble...lolol j/k Be safe!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would so much love to see Beth Moore live sometime. I love her studies and her heart for God. We're in the middle of "Breaking Free" in our ladies group right now.

    Hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I dread the yearly sanding and oil ing of the teak furniture! Lucky you to be getting out of it. :)

    I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Beth Moore studies, and I got to see her at her San Antonio conference a couple of years ago... you'll love it. Hope you get to see your friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful, wonderful time!!! She is coming to Michigan in May and I seriously thinking about spending the money we really don't have, to go see her. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun! And hooray for getting out of work! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW so much goodness packed into one weekend. I know when you get back you will be able to begin to enjoy all your outdoor furniture after your hubby blesses you while you are gone, and God only knows how much you will bless us all when you return. Enjoy and have an amazing time!


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful gift for your mother! I´ve heard many good things about Beth Moore, but have never read anything from her yet. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful time. It sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, your answer to #10 is funny... let me lie down. I always feel less than adequate when asked about my goals. My goals are short-term and often ethereal, meaning I don't always have hard and fast steps to reach them. I kinda think that's more like a wish than a goal. Anyhoo... thanks for stopping by my Random Dozen today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Friend! I'm so happy to catch up with you here. And I'm so competely jealous for your trip this weekend. Have so much FUN!!! Can't wait to hear all about the teaching. I hope you are doing great.... Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you can get the fabulous missv on facebook. Have a wonderful time and give her a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete